- Apple Mac OS X El Capitan Free VIEW →. OS X El Capitan features new options for managing windows, smarter Spotlight search, app enhancements, and faster performance.
- May 24, 2017 15 Best Mac Apps To Consider. Let’s take a look at some of the best apps that are worth a download for your MAC. Wunderlist; Wunderlist is a simple, yet important, app to have on your MAC. It is a to-do app whose strength basically lies in the cross-device functionality. You can use Wunderlist on any platform be it Mac, iOS, Android or PC.
RunWindows on Intel Macs
Jul 04, 2020 Productivity GoodTask Spark Email App Evernote Day One Things 3 Hazel 4 Fantastical 2 Pixelmator Affinity Photo Pocket PDF Expert Reeder 4 Wunderlist.
There are presently several alternatives for running Windows on Intel Macs. Here is a list of the primary options in the market place. Mac chess app play against friends online.
- Apple Boot Camp software. Boot Camp enables you to boot the computer into OS X or Windows. (Free because it comes with OS X. You must own a legitimate Windows Full Retail Installer.)
- Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels is software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
- VM Fusion.VM Fusion is software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
- CrossOver. Enables running many Windows applications without having to install Windows. The Windows applications can run concurrently with OS X.
- VirtualBox. Open Source freeware virtual machine such as VM Fusion and Parallels that was developed by Solaris. (Free because it comes with OS X. You must own a legitimate Windows Full Retail Installer.)
- Veertu. A new entry from Open Source utilizing native virtualization. It’s a fast and secure way to run VMs on the Mac. Veertu Desktop is supported on Mac models of early/mid-2011 or later running Yosemite 10.10 or later.
Parallels, VM Fusion, VirtualBox, and Veertu can also run other operating systems such as Linux, Unix, OS/2, Solaris, etc. There are performance differences between dual-boot systems and virtualization. The latter tend to be a little slower (not much) and do not provide the video performance of the dual-boot system. A 2015 comparison of Parallels, VM Fusion, and Virtual Box is found at 2015 VM Benchmarks: Parallels 11 vs. Fusion 8 vs. VirtualBox 5. A review of these and other competitors is found in PCMag: The Best Virtualization Software of 2017. Boot Camp is available with Lion and later.
You must also have an internal optical drive for installing Windows. Windows cannot be installed from an external optical drive. Windows must be installed on an internal drive if you use Boot Camp. A license must be purchased for all commercial software and operating system products. Open Source software is free.
Some Boot Camp Articles from Apple Support.
Boot Camp Support.
Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Install Windows using Boot Camp.
Boot Camp Control Panel Users Guide.
Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp.
2017 Mac Pro
Use Windows 8.1 on your Mac with Boot Camp.
Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp.
Apple Mac Pro Desktop 2017
System Requirements to Install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp.