Want to find a reliable DVD player software to play DVD movies or Blu-rays for free on our Mac and Windows PC? And need a DVD player to play your DVD collections? Here in this article, we pick up top 5 free DVD player for Mac (Sierra) and Windows allowing you to play DVDs in Windows and Mac for free. Read on and find your desired one.
The Best DVD Creator - DVD Creator
Jul 15, 2018 Top 5 DVD Player software, free download for Windows & Mac. Get Windows Media Player alternative DVD player, to work on PC and Mac, with more filters and media effects to apply with. It is also the spare solution, to deal with Windows Media Player not work, or additional requirements towards DVD videos playing.
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac (or iSkysoft DVD Creator for Windows) is not just the easy DVD player for Mac and Windows, but also it is specially deigned as a DVD creator. If you have captured some family movies or downloaded your favorite videos from the Internet, you can use this DVD player software to make DVDs. So you can play the videos and movies with your home DVD players on TV or on other media players anytime you want. Just try it out!
Key Features of this DVD Creator:
- Brand new designed user-friendly interface.
- Burn YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more to DVD.
- Create DVD from videos captured by iPhone and other devices.
- Easily edit videos and provide hundreds of free DVD menus.
- Support to import photos to create slideshow with background music.
Best Dvd Player Software Free For Mac
Top 5 Free DVD Player Software for Mac
1. Apple DVD Player
Burn Dvd Software For Mac
To use Apple DVD Player for Mac, simply insert your DVD-Video disc in the computer and it will automatically display the disc’s DVD menu screen. You need to use your mouse to select items on the menu items. You can also use navigational buttons using the DVD Player Controller. If set to full screen mode, you will not be able to view the screen menu bar but can easily access by moving your pointer to the screen’s top. To change window sizes, select size from the view menu or video menu on Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier. To play a movie, click on Play Movie while in the DVD menu. When you play DVD with the DVD Player Controller, you can turn subtitles on or off, skip chapters, fast forward or rewind, stop, pause and much more.
- Pros: Comes bundled in Mac machines.
- Cons: You need to have a built in optical drive or external Apple USB SuperDrive that comes with a DVD Player.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and above
2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular DVD player software for Mac and Windows. To play a DVD disc with VLC Media Player, open the File menu, choose Open Disc from the resultant menu item. While in the Open Disk Dialog Box, select DVD. When reading the DVD you have the option to enable DVD menus through selecting DVD Disc Type from the wxWidgets Interface. In Mac OS X interface, you can accomplish the same by selecting Use DVD menus. Select the drive that contains the DVD you want to read, through providing the related drive letter or name of device in the Device Name input box. On Mac OS X, this is automatically detected. Click Ok to start playback.
- Pros: Easy to use, flexible, lightweight and has support for HD and BluRay discs.
- Cons: The user interface is basic and is slicker in Mac versions.
- Platforms: Mac OS X, Windows
3. Mac Media Player
Mac Media Player could be the best DVD player for Mac to enjoy DVD movies. For starters, you need to select it as the default DVD player in Mac. Open CDs & DVDs under Hardware and select ignore for item marked when you insert a video DVD. Insert the DVD into the driver; some DVDs are automatically launched while others will require you to open those using open buttons (Open File or Open Disc). To play a DVD ISO file, select the Open File button, navigate to the location of the file, and press on PLAY button to start playback.
- Pros: Mac Media Player is a powerful high def video player with hardware acceleration capabilities.
- Cons: Has the potential to use up plenty of system resources
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9 for V2.9.2
It is crucial to understand that MPlayerOSX package will install both MplayerOSX with SMPlayer as the front-end application. MplayerOSX is a binary distribution for Mplayer (Linux’ Movie Player) and is native to Mac OS X. Upon installation, you can then simply use drag and drop to play your DVD files in either full screen or window modes.
- Pros: Lightweight, offers video compatibility is impressive and compares favorably with other players in the market.
- Cons: MPlayerOSX offers no way to save playlists, while trying to access the menu, videos will pause and the software is unstable a few times.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.5 and later
Mac Dvd Player Download
You can use QuickTime to open DVD movie files on hard disk or DVD. Use Finder or Windows Explorer and either double click on the file or drag it into the QuickTime Player icon. You can also select File from the menu options, click on Open, and navigate to the file you wish to play.
- Pros: QuickTime has a slick yet easy to use interface, integrates well with OS X and the PRO version gives you the ability to edit and convert video files.
- Cons: Slow while launching, it has been superseded by QuickTime X in Mac, requires regular updating to get maximal use out of it and is suitable for Macs.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, windows
Filmora Video Editor - Edit Videos in Any Format
- You can edit videos/photos/audio in any format from any sources including mobile, camera, or online.
- It allows you to easily cut, crop, trim, rotate, split combine videos or apply effects to video.
- You can export video to specified format, to YouTube or mobile phones, or burn to DVD.
Related Articles & Tips
Mac Media Player, famous for its perfect HD playback throughout the world, is also an excellent Free DVD Player. Featuring output up to 1080p, DTS5.1 audio system, ultrafast speed, and handy operation, Macgo DVD Player software can give you the best multimedia enjoyment.
Preparations you need to do:
- Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.11
- Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz processor or higher recommended
- 512 MB RAM or higher recommended
- 250 MB of free disk space
- Internal or external drive
Free trial version of this powerful Media Player is now available on Macgo Official Download Center, or you can click here to download Free Mac Media Player, and then drag its icon to your Application folder.
After installing Free Mac Media Player, you can go to 'Launchpad' and click on its icon to launch the program. The simplified main interface will reduce certain misoperations. You can see two buttons there: Open File and Open Disc.
Insert the DVD you want to play in the drive. There will appear two buttons in the center of the interface - 'Open File' and 'Open Disc'. Press the second one, and follow the instructions. After a few seconds, a main menu will pop out, and you can make some adjustments according to your preferences.
During the playback, you can make video settings as follows:
1) Snapshot: Ctrl+Alt+S
Snapshot the movie by shortcut keys or pressing the 'Snapshot' in 'Tools'.
Click 'Tools' button and select 'Adjustments'. There are five sections to be set in video tuner: brightness, saturation, contrast, gamma, and hue. If you want to reset them, you can press 'Reset' button. Moreover, if you want to keep the settings, you can check the 'Always apply the settings' on the left bottom.
3) Aspect Ratio
If you want to adjust aspect ratio, you can find it in 'Video' on the tool menu.
4) Screen size
You can adjust screen size by shortcut keys or through the options in 'Video' on the tool menu.
Half size: Command+1
Normal size: Command+2
Double size: Command+3
Fit to the screen: Command+4
- Plese email us to [email protected] with detailed information of your device such as device model, build number, kernel version and else. Attach some snapshots would be better.
- Comment us on Macgo Facebook Page, reply to any post or send us a message.
The first and best Blu-ray media player for Mac. Support Blu-ray Disc, Blu-ray Menu, ISO files, and BDMV folder.Mac DownloadBUY NOW
You can mix and match your music formats and Dragon Burn will figure it out for you, according to the developer.The software also supports CD copy, and can burn data in a variety of formats including HFS, HFS+, Joliet, MS-DOS, Hybrid HFS/MS-DOS, Hybrid HFS+/Joliet, as well as Mac Volume.NTI spokesman Christopher Want told MacCentral that a Mac CD mastering application is something his company has wanted to do for a while. Audio mastering software for mac. Although the software only runs in Mac OS 9 at the moment, it's available as a downloadable version, which can be purchased from the company Web site for US$19.99.Dragon Burn 1.0.1 supports various audio formats including MP3, WAV, AIFF and CD-DA. 'It's a really great market to be in,' he said.Want also said that NTI's OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clients have been asking for a Macintosh client version to bundle with their CD-RW hardware - he said the company is hoping to see retail versions and OEM bundle versions of Dragon Burn appear in the next few months.Regarding Mac OS X support, Want said that it's something NTI's engineers are actively working on now.
Copyright © 2011-2020 Macgo International Limited All Rights Reserved. Macgo EULA
Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™, and the logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
iPod ®,iPhone ®,iTunes ® and Mac ® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Our software is not developed by or affiliated with Apple Inc.