- How To Remove App From Apple Desktop
- How To Remove App From Macbook Desktop
- How To Remove App From Mac Desktop
Jun 08, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
Dec 06, 2019 Use the Finder to delete an app Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File Move to Trash. If you're asked for.
- Open Launchpad (by clicking its Dock icon, using the trackpad gesture, or searching for it in Spotlight), then click and hold any app icon until the icons start shaking. Click the “X” button next.
- Jan 26, 2009 rightclick on the folderget info. On name and Extension, just delete the name and then click on the arrow next to 'name and extension'. It will then have no name under the folder, but when you click on it, it will have a rectangular buble (lol) under it only when you click on the folder.
- If you added a Remote Desktop connection in the Remote Desktop app, it can easily be deleted if wanted. This tutorial will show you how to remove a Remote Desktop connection in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for your account in Windows 10. Here's How: 1. Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. (see screenshot below).
- Docker Desktop delivers the speed, choice and security you need for designing and delivering containerized applications on your desktop. Docker Desktop includes Docker App, developer tools, Kubernetes and version synchronization to production Docker Engines.
Microsoft Corporation is an American company founded on April 4, 1975, by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. It develops and manufactures computer software and electronics. It is the largest software company in the world. Microsoft is best known for developing software like MS Windows and the MS Office suite.
Microsoft Office is a client-server software developed by Microsoft which offers convenient features for people from every walk of life. It was first announced by Bill Gates on August 1, 1988. The first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint which are also the most used processing tools of MS Office. Microsoft also offers its Office apps to mobile operating systems like Android and iOS. In this article, we will discuss different methods to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac.
Part 1. Scenarios for Uninstalling Office on Mac:
The desktop version was the first software of its kind that was developed by Microsoft. It is supported both by the Windows and MacOS operating systems. Since then it is also offered as an Online tool that runs in the web browser of your computer. Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest version of the software that is being branded under the name of Office 365. The newest version was released on September 24, 2018.
MS Office is one of the most important software on the Mac used for various functions. Microsoft offers new and advanced updates regularly on Office 365, sometimes the auto-update feature does not work on Mac. This will force you to uninstall the older version of Office and reinstall the newer one. Here are some of the reasons that would prompt you to Uninstall MS Office on Mac:
- The system does not install latest updates directly.
- License is deactivated.
- Wrong login information entered which lock your account out.
- The old version of MS Office is not compatible with MacOS Mojave.
- You want to install the newest version.
In this article, you will learn how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac.
Part 2. How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac?
You may be prompted to uninstall Microsoft Office to fix some bugs in the existing version installed in the computer. You may also want to install the newest version that includes the features you need. No matter what kind of situation you are facing, there's an answer to every problem. We will show you how to properly uninstall all apps and features of Office 365 on Mac manually.
An official Office removal tool is offered by Microsoft to the users of the Windows Operating System. There is no such tool provided on MacOS that would instantly remove the software from the system. It is a bit complex when it comes to uninstalling apps on Mac and the library files that they create with them. To remove MS Office manually, you are required to sign in the system using the administrator account.
There is a whole three-part process to manually uninstall office from Mac:
- Move to Trash.
- Remove from Library folder.
- Remove apps from Mac Dock.
1. Move to Trash:
You can completely delete MS office from the system by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Finder.
- Open Application.
- Press the Command button.
- Select all MS Office supported apps and tools.
- Press Control + Click the selected applications from the keyboard.
- Choose “Move to Trash”.
- All files will be deleted.
2. Remove from Library folder:
Even if you delete the main file from the computer, the service files still remain on your disk until you remove them manually. MacOS doesn’t provide any default tool to find and remove the leftovers of MS Office. You have to search for them yourself. Next phase in removing MS Office files completely from the system is to delete them from the Library Folder. Here are the steps:
- Open Finder.
- Press 'Command + Shift + h'.
- Click on “View as List” from the Finder Folder.
- View options dialogue box will appear.
- Check the “Show Library Folder” option.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Finder again.
- Click on Library and then Containers option.
- Ctrl + right-click on each of these folders mentioned below.
- Select and 'Move to Trash'.
Here are the mentioned files that should be removed if found in the containers box:
How To Remove App From Apple Desktop
- Go back to the Library Folder.
- Open 'Group Containers'.
- Ctrl + right-click on each of these folders mentioned below.
- Select 'Move to Trash”.
Here is the list of files that should be removed to completely uninstall MS Office from Mac:
You should carefully remove all the files created by Microsoft Word, but be sure not to delete any other file. Deleting other important library files may damage the system. After removing the files please restart your Mac.
3. Remove Office Apps from Dock:
Mac Dock is known as the launching pad for different kinds of applications in the Mac. It works just like like Windows taskbar but it has animations. It allows you to open the apps that you frequently use with just one click. To completely remove MS Office from Mac the last piece of the puzzle is removing the shortcuts from Mac Dock. Here are the steps:
- Locate the files and “Ctrl + click” on them.
- Choose 'Options'.
- Select 'Remove from Dock'.
After completing the procedure, the software will be completely removed from the system. Restart the Mac to complete the process. You will find no trace of MS Office on your computer.
Part 3. How to Install or Reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac?
Microsoft products come with a product and activation key. If you already have one then before installing Office, sign in with your existing account and enter your product key. You can always make a new account. Here are the steps to install MS Office on your Mac:
- Go to the official site of Microsoft office.
- Sign in with your existing account or make a new one.
- Click on Install office.
- Click on Office 365 apps and downloading process will start.
- Click on Finder and go to Downloads.
- Click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file.
- Click on Continue and agree on the license agreement.
- Select the Install location
- Click on Install.
- Enter your Mac administrator Password.
- Click on Install Software.
- The installation will proceed.
- Click on Close after a successful installation.
- Restart your Mac.
Part 4. Tips for Installing and Uninstalling Microsoft Office on Mac:
Microsoft Office one of the useful applications if you are using your Mac for business purposes and school work. Precautionary measures must be taken before installing or even Uninstalling the software. As some sort of negligence might damage the software, the operating system, or the computer itself.
Below is the list of precautions that should be taken before uninstalling and Reinstalling Microsoft Office on Mac.
- Close all Applications before the uninstallation process.
- Make sure that it is not some computer glitch that is causing problems with the software.
- Make sure you have a good running Internet.
- Always download & install MS Office from its official website.
- Always purchase the software.
- Check the battery of the computer before installing the program.
- Check to see if your Mac has the required storage space to keep Microsoft Office and its apps.
- Make sure your computer has at least 4GB RAM.
- Scan the software for viruses for the sake of security.
- Clear all the cache of the previously installed version of MS office.
- Keep the updates to “automatically install”.
Despite the effort, Apple’s iWork has not come close to undermine Microsoft Office. MS Office is still the most preferred software in the world. Microsoft Office for Mac offers great features that can enhance the overall experience of the user. It provides added functionality and improvements for the users to perform their tasks at hand with ease. Sometimes during an update, a minor internet or storage problem can halt the installation process entirely. This might cause the MS Office to not function properly. To fix the problem you might have to Uninstall and Reinstall the program. Now you know exactly what to do whenever such problem arises.
If you find some important data lost when uninstalling and reinstalling the Office programs on Mac, download Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac and check out how to recover missing files in 3 steps.
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks
Installing a new application on Mac is such a simple task and even when you don’t want it anymore, you can finally get rid of it by uninstalling it. This might look simple and easy to note for, but some cases of uninstallation do not remove stubborn apps, or their leftover data as should have been. Their tag along run in the system and takes over your precious space without letting you know.
If this is what you are facing, begin with restarting the system and remove the applications once again. Even after this if the stubbornness remains alive, let’s go ahead!
How To Delete Apps On Mac Using Manual Method?
The most basic and simple method that you must be using by now is deleting apps by dragging it into the trash. This method has been mentioned for confirmation whether you are following it correctly or not. Plus, don’t forget to take these steps right after restarting the system once again.
Step 1: Close the program which you want to delete.
Step 2: Reach to the Applications folder or click the hard disk icon. In fact, you can search for a particular application by searching it in Finder.
Step 3: Drag the icon to the Trash. Download houzz app for mac. Finally, empty the trash to delete apps on mac.
How To Remove App From Macbook Desktop
How To Delete Apps On Mac That Won’t Delete?
How To Remove App From Mac Desktop
Because all the programs and apps on mac store themselves in the Application directory, you need to make some extra efforts to remove orphan files from the system.
To begin with, you need to repeat the steps mentioned above or uninstall the application by dragging in the trash & emptying it.
After this, open Library > Preferences. How?
Step 1: Open Finder and choose Go option from the menu.
Step 2: Once the menu unfolds, press the Option key for a few seconds until the Library option appears on the screen. Open the files by searching the name of software using Spotlight and draw them into the trash as soon as found.
And it’s done!
But the question is, do you really wish to follow a long method? And what if you want to uninstall multiple apps at the same time? We do not want you to search for the topic of ‘how to delete apps on mac’ every time, and hence recommending an easy way out.
How To Delete Apps On Mac That Won’t Delete Using A Smart Tool?
Now that you have been looking for a smart and efficient tool to delete apps on mac, we would like to recommend tried, tested and trusted by many, Smart Mac Care!
Now as the name says, this tool is taking care of your system at one end whereas helping in uninstallation of unwanted applications on another.
Smart Mac Care though contains many advanced features of its own, Uninstaller has major quality of improving the performance and space in Mac by scanning the unused apps and providing an option to delete them.
You do not even need to bring unwanted applications to the software as Smart Mac Care deals with such situations just like that.
If you look for what it can do more, duplicate files remover, disk usage with capacity, memory optimizer, and privacy protection are other unmissable features of the same.
How to Remove Apps Using Smart Mac Care?
Step 1: Install Smart Mac Care by clicking on the ‘Download’ link below.
Download now and save $20 on Smart Mac Care!
Step 2: The application will itself scan through the system to find the status of various parts of the system. Do not worry about the time taken as deep scanning does take some time!
Step 3: Reach the Uninstaller by coming to the panel of Advanced Features as shown in the image above.
Step 4: The scanning has already shown results to which you can select which app needs to be deleted and which ones not by marking on the white box beside. Select ‘Clean Now’ once selected.
This way, you can delete multiple applications, even those you were not aware of and lying in the system idle and eating space.
How To Delete Apps On Mac From Mac App Store?
If you do not want a particular application on the page of the Mac App store even, you have control for the same. Don’t worry, you can update or download it back from iTunes, in case future call its need.
So what you need to do is:
Step 1: Open the Launchpad by pressing F4 or clicking on the ‘Rocket’ icon.
Step 2: Now whatever is opened in front will be taken over by app icons.
Step 3: Click on the unwanted app for a longer time and all the other icons will show some buzzing. Do not worry, just click on ‘X’ sign above unwanted app and select ‘Delete’ from the next prompt.
And it’s done!
What Are The Advantages Of Deleting Apps On Mac?
Let’s just say that even if you are not an organized person in real life, an organized space of computer system saves you from many problems in the near future. Let’s just look at why you should consider deleting those apps on the Mac that are not in use.
- Saves space for tomorrow: As you delete unwanted apps today, you are able to save a good space chunk for the future. Here, you can store new apps, movies, videos, and pictures with better space optimization.
- Performance Improvement: If you think that cluttered disk space doesn’t matter to the working performance, think again. When one part of the machine is not running straight, how could others be? And this is why your computer works better when optimum space is present by deleting unwanted apps on Mac.
All the self-contained applications that an app invites into your system can be easily removed, hence removing even the last trace. From the various methods mentioned above, you can pick any of the manual method. But to be absolutely sure and let the work be done carefreely will definitely want you to try Smart Mac Care.
Now that when you search for information on how to delete apps on mac that won’t delete, don’t stop trying new tools and giving yourself space and performance.
If you have found out the solution you came here for, let us know in the comment section below. Along with that, we welcome your suggestions and feedback as well. At the same time, do not forget to keep an eye on our Facebook & YouTube page for more updates.