If you have been affected by a damaged Seagate hard drive or accidentally deleted data from it, it would be your dire need to recover data from it. The intent of this blog is to fulfill this very purpose of yours, by suggesting you the ways to recover data from a Seagate hard drive with the help of a Seagate hard drive recovery software.
Mar 05, 2019 How To Install Seagate Media™ app on Windows 10. To install Seagate Media™ app 2019 For PC Windows, you will need to install an Android Emulator like Xeplayer, Bluestacks or Nox App Player first. With this android emulator app you will be able to Download Seagate Media™ app full version on your PC Windows 7, 8, 10 and Laptop. Note: Seagate Recovery Suite only recovers files. It does not repair damaged files nor repair a damaged drive. If you have lost data as a result of media damage. Download Seagate Recovery Software: Seagate Recovery Software. Thank you for downloading Seagate Diagnostics for Mac from our software portal. Each download we provide is subject to periodical scanning, but we strongly recommend you check the package for viruses on your side before running the installation. The download is provided as is, with no modifications or changes made on our side.
Seagate is a hard drive manufacturing company that the world trusts upon for hard drives so as to store digital data in several types of multimedia and data files anything from text, images, audios to videos.
Seagate has been devising hard drives and supplying it across the globe since years. Its first product was a 5.25-inch HDD and 5-megabyte ST-506 in the year 1980. In fact, it was the first to develop a hard disk drive of 5.25 inches. From being a major supplier in the microcomputer market during the 1980s, it has risen much above from what it was in its initial years. Today, along with Western Digital, it dominates the HDD market globally.
Despite Seagate being an esteemed developer of reliable hard drives, there is always a probability of its hard drive becoming corrupt. This applies to all types of the hard drives that it develops.
Moreover, corruption may occur in Seagate hard drive without any warning. In such situations, you would certainly want to recover data from it, because a corrupt hard drive or accidental data deletion restricts your access to all the data that you saved in your Seagate hard drive.
Do’s & Don’ts for Successful Seagate Hard Drive Data Recovery
To be able to recover data from Seagate hard drive efficaciously, you should take the following preventive measures:
- The first step that you should take is to immediately stop using the Seagate hard drive that you have. You should do this to avoid overwriting of data on the hard drive space if you have accidentally deleted data from it, and also to prevent further damage to the hard disk, if it is suffering from corruption issues with signs of failure.
- Secondly, you should check the hard drive for malware, viruses, and other malicious codes that might replicate and cause more loss of data
To be able to successfully do data recovery from Seagate hard drive, irrespective of the type, you should avoid the following:
- You should not place the drive into the freezer as retrieval of data would be irreversible then.
- The opening of the hard disk should be prevented as such an action leads to the tempering of data from it and data could be unrecoverable then.
- Download of any suspicious recovery software for recovering data must be avoided, and the reason is that it overwrites the data.
- You should avoid swapping the electronic components.
- You should not format the hard disk drives.
Possibility of Seagate Hard Drive Data Recovery
Data loss situations in Seagate hard disk drive running Windows OS can occur due to numerous reasons. However, data cannot be completely removed irrespective of data loss reasons. This is what increases the possibility of data retrieval.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional is one high-end software that can help you with data recovery in circumstances such as deleted data, formatted external hard drive or any occurrence of known or unknown errors due to logical damage on the hard drive. This particular Windows data recovery software supports recovery of data from all types of hard drives of the Seagate brand.
Supports recording from individual appsCons. You can simply record your own voice or get inputs from common apps like Chrome or Skype. It is basically minimal but you have options to extend the capabilities of Piezo.($23, free trial available) 6. Could have better-exporting optionsThe VerdictPiezo is the best audio recording software for doing podcasts on Mac. Top free recording software for mac. Quality Presets are useful for quick recording.
The Steps:Download get weave software mac.
Below are the steps to retrieve data from the logically corrupt hard drive through this Seagate hard drive recovery software:
- Install and run the hard drive recovery software.
- Select the data which you want to recover with the help of this software.
- After selecting a drive, you can start the recovery process.
- You can turn ON/OFF the preview option while the Scanning Process is going on. On the completion of Scanning Process, your files & folders get listed down, from where you can select them for recovery.
- Select the files/folders for recovery and press Save. You’ll be asked for the Saving Location where you can save your recovered files.
- Choose the desired location and save your file for further usage.
All the chosen data files gets stored at the specified location.
By following the data recovery steps exactly in the way described above with Stellar Data Recovery Professional, a hard drive recovery tool, you will be able to recover all your data from the damaged or corrupt Seagate hard drive. In fact, you will be able to recover just about anything and everything from the Seagate hard drive of yours through this advanced and powerful utility.
Summary: When plugging your Seagate Backup Plus into a Mac computer, you may find the drive stops working and is not mounting in Disk Utility. Have you been troubled by the issue? This post will give you 7 workable solutions to fix Seagate Backup Plus drive not mounting/working issue on Mac.
A large number of users reported that they were unable to mount Seagate Backup Plus drive on Mac computers. And some say theirSeagate Backup Plus couldn't work on Mac after plugged in. Here is a real example:
'I really need your help. My Seagate Backup plus just stopped getting detected (led not working anymore) with my MacBook Pro 2016 model (with USB Type C to USB 3 connector) suddenly. It was working fine 1 month before. I tried this backup disk with a Windows computer and the LED light is working in that case but I am not able to get it to work with my MacBook Pro anymore. Any idea guys?'
In fact, this issue is very common, especially for those who frequently share the same drive between different computers. Now, let's walk through how to fix it if the Seagate Backup Plus doesn't work on Mac.
7 solutions to fix Seagate Backup Plus not mounting, not working on Mac
Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive is often used to back up important files. But for some reason, Seagate external hard drives could not be recognized by Mac. If you can't mount the Seagate Backup Plus drive in Disk Utility, it means the hard drive is not working on Mac and you can't access the data stored on it. So it's very urgent to fix the problem to make it work again.
Here are solutions to the Seagate Backup Plus not working or mounting issue.
1. Have some basic checks
Sometimes, the Seagate Backup Plus drive won't mount on Mac is due to the bad USB port or cable. Thus, once the Seagate Backup Plus drive stops working, you can first do some routine checks as below.
- Step 1. Check if the cable of the Seagate Backup Plus drive is connected properly to your Mac
If the drive isn't properly plugged in, it will fail to mount as it received not enough or even no power.
- Step 2. Make sure the USB cable is not at fault
Try using a different USB cable to see if that fixes the problem.
- Step 3. Check if the USB port is damaged
Plug the Seagate Backup Plus into another USB port if you have another one. Otherwise, insert another external storage device in this USB port.
- Step 4. Check whether the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive is powered properly
In general, the current of USB port 2.3 and 3.0 are enough for the most external portable hard drives. But sometimes this amount of current may be insufficient while the drive is spinning up.
- In this situation, you can try to connect the Seagate Backup Plus with a USB Y cable if you have one. And for Seagate Backup Plus Hub and Expansion Desktop, a power adaptor is required for power supply.
- Step 5. Access the drive on other Macs
Connect the Seagate Backup Plus drive to another Mac computer to see whether it works on that one or not. If the drive works on another Mac computer, there is something wrong with your Mac computer rather than the drive. What you should do is to ask for help from Apple support.
- Step 6. Check if the format of Seagate hard drive is supported by macOS
For example, a Windows BitLocker encrypted drive will not be working on Mac originally. Your Mac computer is not able to mount it. To fix the problem, you can plug the Seagate Backup Plus into a PC and then access the drive on Windows.
2. Check whether the Seagate Backup Plus is showing up in Disk Utility
To troubleshoot this problem, you first need to know if this Seagate hard drive is detected by your Mac. Open the Utilities folder in your Applications folder. Launch Disk Utility and check the left pane then. If you can't see the external hard drive in macOS, the drive probably has been physically damaged. In that case, you should send the drive to the local repair shop. Otherwise, you can move to the next solution.
3. Check if the Seagate Backup Plus drive is mounted in Disk Utility
If the Seagate Backup Plus is mounted in Disk Utility, you should blame the wrong computer settings or outdated computer. Fortunately, it's easy to fix these issues. Just try solution 4 and solution 5. If the external hard drive is greyed out in Disk Utility, it's not mounted. You can try right-clicking the Seagate Backup Plus and choose the 'Mount' button. If that doesn't work, the drive has some file system problems. Please follow the solution 6 to repair the problem.
4. Show the Seagate Backup Plus on the desktop
If the Seagate external hard drive is mounted in Disk Utility, but it still doesn't show up on Mac. First of all, you should make sure the settings in Finder display drive icons on the desktop.
Step 1: Go to Finder > Preferences > General tab.
Step 2: Select 'External disks' under 'Show these items on the desktop' and then the connected external hard drive will appear on the desktop.
5. Repair Seagate Backup Plus drive via First Aid
Seagate Backup Plus not mounting issue on Mac can be caused by file system problems. Disk Utility's First Aid is a built-in tool on Mac to deal with errors related to disks, such as file system corruption. So you can try to fix the unmountable/corrupted Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive in Disk Utility by following the steps below.
Step 1: Go to Utilities Disk Utility.
Step 2: Click 'View' in the top menu bar (Or click 'View' on the top window). Then select 'Show All Devices'.
Step 3: Select the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive from the left sidebar.
Step 4: Click 'First Aid' on the top of the Disk Utility window.
Step 5: Click 'Run' to perform hard disk diagnostics and fix the not mounting/not working Seagate Backup Plus.
6. Update the software on Mac
Software updates keep your computer and programs secure, deal with quite a few bugs, and provide new features. Out-of-date software can cause a variety of issues. It's possible that the operating system will become sluggish and the connected device may not function properly. Fortunately, you can easily update the software on Mac.
Case 1. Update the software on macOS Mojave or Catalina. If you upgrade to macOS Mojave or macOS Catalina, you should choose 'System Preferences' from the Apple menu, then click 'Software Update' to check for updates. If any updates are available, click 'Update Now' to install them.
Case 2. Update the software on earlier macOS versions. Just launch the Mac App Store, click the 'Update' tab on the top and then choose the 'Update All'.
7. Fix the not mounting or working Seagate Backup Plus drive by reformatting
If First Aid failed on the external hard drive, it might have some serious errors that are beyond its reparation capability. In that case, you need to recover lost data from the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive as soon as possible.
Step 1. Recover lost data from the unmountable/corrupted Seagate Back Plus
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is free external hard drive data recovery software. It can easily recover files when the hard drive is not working or mounting on Mac. Also, it canrecover deleted photos and lost data from formatted drives, unreadable drives, corrupted drives, and recover deleted/lost partitions, etc. It's compatible withmacOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
- 1. Download and install iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on Mac.
- 2. Launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- 3. Select the Seagate Backup Plus and click the 'Scan' button to scan for all lost data.
- 4. Preview the searching results, choose files you want to get back, and click the 'Recover' button.
Seagate Media Software For Mac Windows 10
Here is a short video tutorial which shows you how to recover lost data from unmountable/corrupted external hard drives:
Step 2: Reformat the Seagate Backup Plus to make it work
After recovering data from the unmounted Seagate Backup Plus, you can now go to Disk Utility and reformat it without worrying about data loss.
- 1. Launch Disk Utility from Utilities and click 'View' in the top menu bar. Then make sure the 'Show All Devices' is ticked.
- 2. Select the unmounted Seagate Backup Plus. Click Erase on the top of the window, and follow the on-screen steps to reformat it.
If unfortunately, you can't reformat the Seagate Backup Plus drive, it must have physical issues. In this case, you have to look for help from a local data recovery company.
Bonus Part: Introduction to different Seagate Backup Plus drives
You probably use a Seagate desktop drive like Backup Plus Hub and Expansion. Or you could use a Backup Plus Portable drive like Ultra Touch and Slim. No matter which Seagate Backup Plus drive you choose, it could not work on the Mac for some reason.
Therefore, it's important to know the differences between those Seagate Backup Plus drives. This helps you to use the Seagate Backup Plus drive more correctly and efficiently, and then avoid hard disk corruption.
Seagate Driver For Mac
- 1. Seagate Backup Plus Hub: This Seagate Backup Plus Desktop drive has large capacities with cross-platform compatibility, which means you don't have to format the drive for both Mac and Windows again. It's an all-in-one data hub and recharging station for tablet, smartphone and camera.
- 2. Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch: Backup Plus Ultra Touch portable hard drives feature password protection and hardware encryption, USB-C compatibility, and file sync. You can't open the Seagate Backup Plus drive on Mac until it's unlocked. Moreover, an NTFS for Mac driver is needed to use Backup Plus Ultra Touch on Mac, as it's preformatted with NTFS.
- 3. Seagate Backup Plus Slim: Seagate Backup Plus is small enough for a loaded laptop bag. It's an ideal external hard drive with easy portability and enough storage space. But avoid dropping your Seagate Backup Plus drive during transportation, in case it's damaged and not working.
- 4. SeagateBackup Plus Portable: Backup Plus portable drives offer easy-to-use software tools like Seagate Dashboard, so that you can schedule automatic backup and mirror folders easily.
No matter what caused Seagate Backup Plus not mounting, working, or readable issue on Mac, such as logical problems and physical damages, the most important thing is to back up important data or recover lost data with free Mac data recovery software. iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a powerful and reliable data recovery tool on macOS which supports various external drives, including external hard drives, SD cards, USB flash drives, etc.
If you have any suggestions to solve this issue or experience any questions when using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, please feel free to let us know.