- Second Hand Software For Mac Pro
- Second Hand Software For Sale
- Buy Second Hand Mac
- Second Hand Macbook
- Mac Hand Tools
Reinstall from macOS Recovery
May 16, 2015 When getting a second-hand Mac, make sure that this utility is empty, since some Mac apps like Safari sometimes use information in Keychain. Jul 18, 2013 TimeMachine software is always running on a Mac, if you connect a blank (or to be reformatted) external drive it's going to pop up a window asking you if you want to make one. Make sure the drive is free of data you want to keep and let TimeMachine.
macOS Recovery makes it easy to reinstall the Mac operating system, even if you need to erase your startup disk first. All you need is a connection to the Internet. If a wireless network is available, you can choose it from the Wi-Fi menu , which is also available in macOS Recovery.
Mac Shack Johannesburg. Address: Gabba Building, The Campus, 57 Sloane St, Bryanston. Apple Products and software are part and parcel of everything we do. Must-Have MacBook Accessories for 2019. Jan 29, 2019. If you’ve recently acquired a second hand MacBook, you’ll notice that the newer generations of Macs seem to be getting sleeker. Tips and checks for buying a used MacBook. If you are planning on purchasing a used MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, then it is recommended you thoroughly test it to ensure it works properly.
1. Start up from macOS Recovery
To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following sets of keys on your keyboard. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe or other startup screen.
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac (recommended).
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Macos 10.14.6 download. Jan 02, 2011 Download Numbers for macOS 10.14 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more.
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
When you see the utilities window, you have started up from macOS Recovery.
2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk
You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.
3. Install macOS
Second Hand Software For Mac Pro
When you're ready to reinstall macOS, choose Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window. Then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to choose a disk on which to install.
- If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
- If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
- If the installer is for a different version of macOS than you expected, learn about macOS Recovery exceptions.
- If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use their own information to complete setup.
Second Hand Software For Sale
macOS Recovery exceptions
The version of macOS offered by macOS Recovery might vary in some cases:
- If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later has never been installed on this Mac, Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. And Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.
- If you erased your entire disk instead of just the startup volume on that disk, macOS Recovery might offer only the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. You can upgrade to a later version afterward.
- If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, Option-Command-R installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
- If you just had your Mac logic board replaced during a repair, macOS Recovery might offer only the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Buy Second Hand Mac
If you can't get macOS Recovery to offer the installer you want, you might be able to use one of the other ways to install macOS.
Second Hand Macbook
Other ways to install macOS
Mac Hand Tools
- You can also install macOS from the App Store or Software Update preferences. If you can't install macOS Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite.
- Or create a bootable installer disk, then use that disk to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.