Quick Navigation :
What Is Rudll32.exe?
Aug 08, 2011 › How to remove the annoying Windows Restore? › how to remove flashy.exe virus › How to remove GASF trojan virus. › how to remove rundll32.exe virus › How to Remove Vista Anti Virus 2012 › Solved How to remove.scr virus without losing infected folders? › how to remove rvuhq.exe.
Rundll32 is the acronym of Run Dynamic Link Library 32-bit. The genuine rundll32.exe file is an executable file on the hard drive of your computer and it is also a software component of Microsoft Windows. And you shouldn’t remove it unless it doesn’t locate at C:Windows because runDll is a critical Windows component and a Windows command-line utility program.
Rundll32.exe consists of machine code, so you can trigger a function exported from a 32-bit DLL. It is written to specifically trigger DLL functions that are explicitly written to be called by it. Initially, rundll was only used internally at Microsoft, but is now available for general use.
Rundll32 loads and runs a 32-bit DLL and distributes multiple DLL libraries in the file system's memory. As an important component of some Windows operating systems, if you remove it, then it can lead to errors.
Why Do You Have Multiple Instances of Rundll32.exe?
If you use Windows Task Manager to check running processes and find multiple copies of rundll32.exe, it may mean that there is a virus or Trojan on your computer. But the official Windows rundll32.exe is safe and will not harm your computer.
How to Recognize Suspicious Variants?
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of C:Windows is 7% dangerous and the file size is 44,544 bytes (77% of all occurrences), 51,200 bytes and 8 more variants.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of the user’s profile folder is 68% dangerous and the file size is 24,576 bytes (17% of all occurrences), 120,992 bytes and 19 more variants.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of the Windows folder for temporary files is 48% dangerous and the file size is 310,359 bytes (75% of all occurrences) or 44,544 bytes.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of C:Program Files is 60% dangerous and the file size is 359,936 bytes (33% of all occurrences), 5,541,945 bytes or 290,816 bytes.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of C:Windows folder is 40% dangerous and the file size is 44,544 bytes (50% of all occurrences) or 32,768 bytes.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of C:WindowsSystem32 is 52% dangerous and the file size is 376,851 bytes (50% of all occurrences) or 256,512 bytes.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in a subfolder of C: is 24% dangerous and the file size is 44,544 bytes.
- The security rating of rundll32.exe located in the Windows folder for temporary files is 54% dangerous and the file size is 20,480 bytes.
How to Identify Fake Rundll32.exe Processes?
Usually, rundll32.exe is located at the Windows System32 folder, so you can adapt the following steps to check whether the rundll32.exe is fake.
How To Remove Rundll32 Virus
Step 1: Type task in the search box next to Cortana.
Step 2: Click Task Manager.
Step 3: Click Details in the Task Manager window.
Step 4: Find rundll32.exe and right-click it
Step 5: Choose Open file location to check whether this rundll32.exe file is located at the Windows System32 folder
If the rundll32.exe file location is not in the Windows System32 folder, then you’d better run a full virus scan because the rundll32 may be the fake one.
How to Fix Rundll32.exe Windows 10 Error?
In most cases rundll32.exe error occurs caused by missing DLL files, corrupted DLL files, incorrect DLL entries in the Windows registry or a shared DLL file deleted or infected by a virus.
There are 7 efficient methods for you to fix rundll32.exe error Windows 10.
The keen notice and the attention that will be required for the process are the important fact that increases the time of invoice generation. This makes the situation more complicated. The end product is to be delivered to the customer, either through email or as a hard copy.
- Check antivirus software: if rundll32.exe is being added to the sandbox, then you need to remove it from the sandbox or uninstall your antivirus software to fix this error.
- Use the scannow command: you can use this method to fix the corrupted file.
- Replace the corrupted file using Startup Repair.
- Replace the corrupted rundll32.exe file: you can copy a genuine rundll32.exe file from another Windows 10 PC to a USB flash drive, then paste it into your computer.
- Clear the cache of your browser and close all tabs: if you open a scamming website, this error may occur, so clear your browsing history and cache.
- Make sure your computer is up to date: if there are some system errors, then there might be rundll32.exe error. Here is the way to check: open Settings > click Update & Security > click Windows Update > click Check for updates.
- Run System Restore.