Mar 23, 2020 Enable AirPlay on your iPhone to stream data, or the entire screen, wirelessly between your phone and other compatible devices on the same Wi-Fi network. Using AirPlay on an iPhone requires an AirPlay receiver. This can be a third-party AirPlay-compatible speaker system, Apple TV, or an Airport Express hub, for example.
MAC The Simpsons Powder Blush - Pink Sprinkles by MAC.
Though AirPlay 2 is only supported in four Sonos speakers, you can still use it with older Sonos speakers if you have at least one AirPlay 2-enabled Sonos speaker.
- Jun 27, 2018 You mean the best AirPlay receiver. For now, you might still be able to get an older Apple TV that has an optical output; the current model only has HDMI. I haven't heard much about other devices that aren't inside components like receivers, or that aren't software solutions for a computer.
- Jul 11, 2012 It’s not just Macs that can’t use AirPlay Mirroring if they are older than 2011: even on the iOS side of things, you need a minimum of an iPhone 4S or an iPad 2 to use AirPlay Mirroring on.
Products Used In This Guide
- The AirPlay hub: Sonos One ($199 at Amazon)
- No AirPlay support: Sonos Playbar ($699 at Amazon)
- The AirPlay streamer: iPhone XS ($999 at Apple)
Group your older Sonos speaker to an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos speaker
- Launch the Sonos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the More tab at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Tap AirPlay.
Turn on Group non-AirPlay Speakers.
This will keep non-AirPlay supported Sonos speakers grouped with AirPlay supported ones.
What you need
You'll need a least one AirPlay 2-supported Sonos speaker in order to use it with older, non-supported ones.
The Sonos One is the best option for anyone that already has an older Sonos speaker that doesn't support AirPlay 2. It's the least expensive of the four compatible ones and can act as an AirPlay conduit for all your other Sonos speakers.
Airplay Software Free
AirPlay 2 support
The least-expensive AirPlay 2 supported Sonos speaker
If you've already invested in an entire Sonos system (but didn't pick up an AirPlay-supported one), the Sonos One is the least expensive of the four.
Airplay Software For Older Macs Mac
You need an iOS device in order to use AirPlay and that device needs to be able to run iOS 11.4 or higher to support AirPlay 2. The iPhone XS is Apple's latest and greatest and I'm not sure it can get any better than this.
AirPlay 2 player
The most advanced iPhone on the market
If you're part of the Apple ecosystem already, the iPhone XS is currently the best one you can buy. Why not upgrade?
The non-supported Sonos speakers
Whether you already have a house full of Sonos speakers or you're just getting started, these are great additions to your home audio system. Just remember, they don't support AirPlay 2, so you'll need to pick up an AirPlay 2 supported speaker like the Sonos One, too.
Nov 10, 2016 The Seaboard RISE and Seaboard 5D are the ultimate tools for making music on the go. THE WORLD OF ROLI At ROLI, we are creating a set of connected tools for modern music creation. The Seaboard RISE, Seaboard GRAND, and ROLI BLOCKS are part of our family of beautifully designed, technologically cutting-edge products. Learn more at www.roli.com. Mac apps for seaboard block piano. Nov 11, 2016 Players of any ability can pick up Seaboard 5D, make some tunes — and put the instrument back in their pockets. The unique playing surface of Seaboard 5D is laid out like a piano keyboard from the future. Instead of white and black piano keys you now have a continuous set of “keywaves” — just like the Seaboard RISE. Our own free mobile app, Seaboard 5D uses the Equator sound engine – which ships with every Seaboard – and has been designed from the ground up to be the perfect companion for the Seaboard's expressive dimensions of touch. GeoShred is an expressive iOS app that pairs physical modeling synthesis with MPE compatibility, making it a great match for the Seaboard.
Sonos Playbar($699 at Amazon)
It's a high-quality soundbar that will make your entertainment center the focus of your entire house.
Sonos Play:1($149 at Amazon)
The least expensive Sonos speaker, but still has an incredible sound. Get one of these for each room in the house and you've got total surround sound.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.Buyers Guide
Looking for the best Sonos Speakers? We've got you covered.
If you want that signature Sonos sound but don't know where to start, then check out our guide to picking the perfect speaker for your home.
- Apple TV User Tips
- Apple TV Tricks
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2019-11-30 / Update for Fix iPhone
There are times, for whatever reason, AirPlay doesn't work on iOS 11/10 iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV or other AirPlay enabled speaker/receiver. When you want to stream music, videos, and photos to AirPlay compatible device, or display whatever is on your Mac/iPhone to a larger screen, it's frustrating that AirPlay unable to connect to Apple TV. Luckily, you can find corresponding solutions here to fix AirPlay and AirPlay mirroring not working.
Part 1: AirPlay Not Showing Up on Mac, iPhone, iPad
Airplay is a default feature that you don’t need to install anything to use it, but some users reported that AirPlay icon not showing up on Control Center, iTunes or Mac Toolbar so they don’t how to stream content to Apple TV or other Airplay enabled device. If you are in this case, follow the suggestions below to fix this issue.
Using Airplay On Mac
- 1. On Apple TV, go to Setting > Airplay, ensure AirPlay feature is turned on.
- 2. Check whether your devices are well supported to use AirPlay feature.
- 3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV, Wi-Fi router accordingly to the need.
- 4. Ensure all your devices have installed the latest software update.
- 5. If AirPlay still not showing on iPhone, iPad or other device, try free Tenorshare ReiBoot to enter Recovery Mode for iOS and exit later. As for Apple TV, unplug the HDMI and power cable for 30 seconds and plug it back again.
For iOS device: iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Touch 4th generation and later
For Mac OS device: iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
For TV OS device: Apple TV 2nd and newer
Airplay Mac To Apple Tv
Part 2: AirPlay Cannot Connect to Apple TV or Apple TV Enabled Devices
Another common issue is AirPlay not working from Mac to Apple TV, or from iPhone, iPad when streaming music or videos. In this situation, Wi-Fi connection and network setting could most likely attribute to this problem.
- 1. Verify whether iOS device, Mac and Apple TV is up to date from Settings > General > Update Software.
- 2. Check whether the Wi-Fi can work normally. Forget the Wi-Fi network and join again.
- 3. Move the router closer to AirPlay-using devices or restart it if necessary.
- 4. Make sure there is only one device, either your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer is airplaying at a time.
- 5. Renew DHCP license. For iPhone and iPad, go to settings > WLAN > Tap the WiFi you are using > Renow Lease. For Mac, head for System Settings > Network > Advanced > TCP/IP > Renew DHCP Leas
- 6. Check Mac firmware settings from System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall. You can either choose to turn off the firewall or uncheck Block all incoming connections on Firewall Options.
These tips should work out why AirPlay won't connect to Apple TV and third-party speaker or receiver.
Part 3: AirPlay Not Working After iOS 11 Update
Problems with AirPlay also come after the update of iOS 11 due to technical glitch, especially for the beta versions. If you find AirPlay not working with new iOS 11 update, like AirPlay display off, AirPlay won't turn on, try these solutions:
- 1. Force restart iOS 11/10 device by pressing both Sleep/Wake and Home button for 10 seconds till Apple logo flashes. Replace the power button with Volume Down button on iPhone 7/7 Plus.
- 2. Reset network settings on iOS 11 devices.
- 3. Repair corrupted operating system with Tenorshare ReiBoot. Install this iOS caring software on your Mac/PC and connect with it. Click Fix All iOS Stuck and follow the guide to download IPSW file to repair iOS 11 firmware on your iPhone, iPad
With these methods we provided, hope you can mirror or stream content with AirPlay normally on each device.