The official Twitter app for Windows used to be a stretched-out version of the mobile app. Though they recently changed the UI, it still does not utilize the extra space that a computer display offers. Apart from that, there are other limitations such as you can’t reply directly from notifications, no multiple windows support, etc. Here are a few Twitter apps which not only use the desktop layout a lot better but also add a few other useful features. Let’s begin.
Best Twitter apps for Windows for Twitteratis
- Sep 08, 2017 (Windows users were directed to use TweetDeck via the web.) Meanwhile, TweetDeck’s Mac app hasn’t been updated since mid-2015 on the Mac App Store. Now, one of TweetDeck.
- Jan 15, 2019 While the official Twitter app for Mac is gone, the company is still actively developing its TweetDeck client for the platform and the Mac app is getting an update today with a handful of new.
1. Fenice for Twitter
It’s compatible with: Android and Mac apps for iPads, and iPhones (like Tweetdeck for iPhone), so if you’re an Apple user, this could be a great fit! How it Works Tweetbot gives users access to an expandable Sidebar that provides one-click access to all your essential subsections. It's like using TweetDeck on Microsoft Edge, it's great to have it as an app but it doesn't make any sense to use this app if it is like we were using Microsoft Edge to access TweetDeck from the web. I really hope you can improve this app to make it faster and without lag, it will worth it.
The first app on the list is a feature-packed Twitter client for Windows. The layout of Fenice is not outstandingly intuitive, but it shows feed, notifications, messages in different timelines using columns, and utilizes the desktop layout better. This layout makes navigation easy and quick.
I recommend Fenice because of the additional features like offline tweeting, interactive notifications, powerful filters to mute hashtags, users, etc.
- Ability to tweet when you are offline, app automatically posts your tween once you are back online.
- Interactive notifications to reply without opening the app.
- Better usage of the desktop layout.
- Predictive hashtag suggestions.
- No need to refresh to check new tweets.
- Can continue browsing from where you left in the last session.
- Top-level design customization options.
- Not the cleanest looking UI.
- Costs around $2.29.
Download Fenice for Twitter ($2.29)
Must Read: How to Protect and Filter your Twitter DMs
Tweeten is one of the best free twitter apps for Windows. It has an interesting design scheme that utilizes the desktop layout similar to Fenice. With features like the ability to schedule tweets, link shortening, advanced filters to mute hashtags and users, spell checking, etc natively inside the app make it an easy sell. Most of these features are normally found only on paid apps.
- A design that efficiently utilizes the desktop layout.
- Additional useful features like the ability to schedule tweets, link shortening, filters, spell checking, etc.
- Multiple account support.
- Option to download videos and GIFs.
- Unable to edit profile and bio natively inside the app. It will redirect to the official twitter website.
- Can see the followers and the following number, but cannot look at the list of people following.
- no option to disable autoplay within the app.
Download Tweeeten (Free)
Better To Use Tweetdeck Mac App Or Website
Tweetium has undoubtedly the best design scheme for Twitter. Both the previous apps just changed the layout to offer multiple timelines at a time. But Tweetium offers a different layout showing tweets horizontally. This shows every image in full resolution, so you don’t need to open each tweet to get a clear view.
- Best Layout comparing to any other Twitter app.
- Full-functioning trial version for 7 days before paying for premium.
- Multiple windows functionality.
- No extra features like Fenice, even though it’s a paid app.
Download Tweetium ($2.99, 7 days free trial)
Tweetz is THE app if you want to be active on Twitter at all times. Although it lacks a few features, it can be a useful secondary app. Tweetz is just a small window that stays on top of your screen irrespective of the app you are using. It shows you feed, notifications, direct messages, likes which is more than enough for a secondary app. Think of it as a ticker for twitter.
- Ability to change font size and dark mode. As it stays on top of every app, this will be helpful.
- Can assign any twitter app to it so that when you click on any tweet or profile, it will open that app for a better view.
- Doesn’t support GIFs, Emojis, etc.
- Has few problems with trackpad gestures, lags a lot while faster scrolling.
Download Tweetz (Free)
TweetDeck layout is similar to Fenice and Tweeten. It was an independent app when it started but later acquired by Twitter. It shows you multiple timelines for feed, notifications, explore, messages, etc and it is one of the most used Twitter clients on Windows and Mac.
- Fast Updates for new features.
Circuit travels with you. Circuit will go wherever you go, so you can collaborate and access files from wherever you want, when you want, and how you want. Connect from your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Android and move your active calls with you while you’re in transition. Circuit is a collaborative tool that allows all project members to see the project plan. Each team member downloads the app and communicates via the paid cloud system that Unify and Circuit offers. Each team member may see the project being worked on, they may see each member’s status in the project, and they may communicate with the entire. Circuit free download - iCircuit, YP DC Circuits, LogicWorks, and many more programs.
- It only has a web version, but there is a third-party app called TweetDeckr that lets you use TweetDeck by installing an app.
Open TweetDeck (Free)
Raven makes a few little changes to the official Twitter app. For example, you get a few better things like quick actions, posting a tweet, etc. Tweeting with the official twitter app blocks the entire app, but Raven creates a way to post the tweet and browse simultaneously. It also has a better way to save drafts.
Other than that, you have a few extra features like automatically unfollow people who are not following you, multiple windows support, in-app browser, etc.
- Uninterrupted way of tweeting.
- Quick actions and activities.
- Easy to access drafts with a single click while tweeting.
- You’re stuck with the default website layout and there is no way to change it.
Download Raven for Twitter (Free)
Okay, not a Twitter client but even more than that. It can be used as a planner, to store drafts posts for Twitter, and to manage other social media platforms. You can see tweets, your profile, and notifications right in the app. You can also Like, Retweet, and Reply from the Hootsuite app itself.
- Can publish the post on multiple social media platforms at once which is the key feature of this app.
- Supports all major social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, and even YouTube.
- Can only add 3 accounts in the free version.
- Can’t see the replies to tweets.
Visit Hootsuite (Free up to 3 accounts )
Best Twitter app for Windows
Though the official Twitter app is always making updates to get better, it still lags in a few things like notifications, scheduling messages and using the desktop layout. But as we have these alternatives, you can get the Twitter app with all the features you like. Tweetium is something that I like and personally use. So, what’s your favorite Twitter Client for Windows? Let me know in the comments below.
Also Read: 7 Best Twitter Apps for the Fussiest Tweeters
While the official Twitter app for Mac is gone, the company is still actively developing its TweetDeck client for the platform and the Mac app is getting an update today with a handful of new features and bug fixes. Headlining the release is support for macOS Mojave’s Dark Mode, meaning the app will now match the rest of the operating system when in Dark Mode.
If you’d like to use a custom theme, that’s still possible. Though, the Dark Mode won’t be much help since TweetDeck is just a wrapper for the web app.
The app is also being “rebuilt” to help “fix many crashes” and will include better crash reporting for faster bug fixes “in the future.”
Today’s update brings the app to version 3.10 and is available as a free update on the Mac App Store.
– Updated to support macOS Mojave, including Dark Mode. You can also set a custom theme that doesn’t match the system setting
– Rebuilt TweetDeck for Mac to fix many crashes to include better crash reporting, so we can fix bugs faster in the future.
– Updated Help page to point to correct version Free service scheduling software.
– Many other internal improvements
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.More.