Facebook may be working on a Messenger app for Mac OS X, if a blurry photo leaked is of any indication. The photo, which appears to show a Facebook employee using the app, may be the first glimpse we’ve had of an official Facebook Messenger app on the Mac. Mar 05, 2020 A brand-new Facebook Messenger app has finally landed on Mac. It gives users the ability to more easily keep on top of their conversations across different devices,.
- Facebook Messenger Mac Os X Apps
- Facebook Messenger App For Macbook
- Facebook Messenger Mac Os X App Nap And Memory
Facebook Messenger Mac Os X Apps
Facebook had announced its plans to bring official Messenger desktop apps for both Mac & Windows users at its 2019 F8 developer conference. It appears like the Mac version of the app has started rolling out in France, as spotted by French publication MacGeneration.
As it turns out, the Messenger desktop app is available in Australia, Mexico, and Poland as well. The appearance of the desktop app in the aforesaid regions is reportedly part of a small test from Facebook to collect user feedback.
“We’re conducting a small test of the Messenger app for macOS in a couple of markets. We don’t have a date when it will be available as we’re still gathering feedback from our users”, a Facebook spokesperson told TechCrunch.
Click on that to open notification center. In this article let us explore how to manage notifications in Mac.Related:. Notification CenterThe top menu bar of your MacBook has an icon on the right corner showing three small lines. Mac reminder app has one notification on itunes. By default the notifications tab will open when you click on the icon and shows all the recent alerts from various apps. It has two tabs – Today and Notifications.
Facebook Messenger’s desktop version brings all the features that are already available on the iOS app including voice and video calls, group chats and video calls, emoji reacts, file share support, and the beloved dark mode.
One noteworthy part of the app is that it is built on Electron and not Apple’s Project Catalyst. Hence, the app gets wider compatibility, starting with macOS 10.10 (OS X Yosemite) that got announced back in WWDC 2014.
Coincidentally, the desktop app comes merely a few days after Facebook revamped its iOS Messenger app based on Project LightSpeed that promises to make the app load twice as fast and be one-fourth of its original size.
An exact timeline for the Messenger desktop’s global rollout is not known yet. Since Facebook’s F8 developer conference 2020 recently got canceled citing the outbreak of coronavirus, the social media giant is expected to reveal its global Messenger desktop launch timeline among other exciting announcements in the coming weeks.
Thanks for sharing your great article with us.
Facebook today officially announced the release of new Messenger desktop app for Windows and macOS PCs. Due to the coronavirus situation around the world, Facebook saw a more than a 100% increase in people using their desktop PC browser for audio and video calling on Messenger. This new Messenger app for Windows and macOS supports unlimited and free group video calls.
Messenger for Windows features:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
Facebook Messenger App For Macbook
You can download and install Facebook’s Messenger Desktop app from this link, or you can visit Microsoft Store and search for the app.
Facebook Messenger Mac Os X App Nap And Memory