- How To Shorten Video Size
- How To Shorten Video Length
- Mac App To Shorten Video Online
- How To Shorten A Video In Windows
- Free Video Apps For Mac
Where can I download free video trimmer and cutter? Below are top 9 best video trimmer and cutter software for Mac and Windows users. You can choose the one that best suits your needs in video trimming satisfaction. Take keen note of their features, pros and cons to help you make the final decision from an informed point.
Jun 23, 2020 Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video Shortener. Download, install, and launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your Windows or Mac, click on the + Add Files button on the Convert tab. An explorer window will open up, from where you can select the videos you want to shorten for iPhone. Cutting is very common in video editing. By cutting, you can shorten a video, chop away any unwanted segments, rearrange clips in new sequence and reduce file size for YouTube, etc. Instead of focusing on converting a video, or editing and adjusting it, this app does all of the above. IPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks.
Top 9 Video Trimming and Cutting Software on Mac and Windows
#1: Filmora Video Editor
Oct 31, 2018 Once you make your video shorter, it's easier to share a specific section of a video with friends or on social media. How to shorten your video Step 1: Upload your video. Open Kapwing’s Video Trimmer and upload your video. You can load your video from your phone or computer, or you can paste a URL from YouTube to import it directly. Short Menu is an URL shortener that sits in your Mac's menu bar. It supports 17 different services by default and is highly extensible. When opening Short Menu, it automatically takes the URL from your clipboard. You only have to press one button, then Short Menu will shorten your URL and automatically copy the short URL for you.
Filmora Video Editor for Windows (or Filmora Video Editor for Mac) is a well-known video trimmer, cutter and joiner. It allows you to cut and trim large video files accurately. Besides, this video cutter and trimmer has so many great free video effects that you can apply to your videos, including filters, overlays, titles, transitions, green screen, etc, helping you creating a professional-looking video easily. It's easy to learn and easy to use.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Has all the video editing tools you might need to rotate, cut, trim, join videos;
- Lots of professional and stunning video effects;
- Variety of intro/credit clips to divide a long story into chapters, making video more vivid and attractive;
- Supports almost any video, audio and image formats.
- There are a wide range of video formats available to save or export your edited videos in any of them.
Supported system: macOS 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra) and Windows 10/7/8/XP/Vista
By the way, if you want to get detailed guide on how to cut a video, please click this link.
The main features for VLC free video cutter and trimmer are high speeds, simple to use interface and a dominant media player. It can run on a variety of platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux in addition to managing conversion as well as streaming of video for free. It is free from spyware and does not have advertisements.
Supported system: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix..
- Can do media conversion and streaming;
- Supports multi-format videos.
- It's not professional in video editing field.
iMovie video trimmer will give you freedom of browsing for your video files easily from the computer which saves time. The video trimming process is very simple and once through, you can share your best moments with friends. This is highly recommended for people who are out to create high definition movies.
Supported system:OS X 10.10 or later
- Professional and easy to use movie themes and video effects;
- Ready template to create trailers
- It only runs on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later, but it doesn't run on Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks;
- It often crashes or exits.
- It supports little video formats, but Filmora Video Editor supports almost all video formats.
Premiere video trimming software uses a timeline and has diverse tools for web development, graphic design as well as advanced editing. After effects and Photoshop are the standout features for this program but you should expect more. It does not have any sort of limitations to users.
Price:From $119.88/year to $599.88/year, or $19.99/month
Best mac apps. Pretty easy, huh?Photolemur also offers a number of impressive styles to touch up your photos and give them a sophisticated and professional look.
Supported system:Linux, Windows and OS X
- After effects integration;
- Native workflows;
- It provides lots of prices that disturbs user's choice, but it don't offers lifetime license;
- It's too expensive for users;
- The software application is too big, so that it costs much time when downloading.
VirtualDub is a free video trimmer and cutter that has capabilities of processing videos as well as capturing for free. The manner in which this program is designed makes it well suited for linear video streams processing which will entail recompression and filtering. AVI is the most common format that this video clip cutter uses to store recorded video file.
Supported system: Windows
- Batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files.
- VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
- It only offers Windows version.
Avidemux video trimmer and cutter is available for free and can handle simple video cutting tasks as well as encoding and filtering. The compatibility for this program is assured with multiple file formats supported. There are capabilities that help to automate tasks with the program and it's an added advantage to entice you. You can use Avidemux for Windows, Mac and Linux among other platforms.
Supported system: Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows
- Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities;
- You can't transcode AVI format to MPEG format to play off a sd card onto TV.
#7: Xilisoft Video Cutter
You will have a positive liking for Xilisoft Video Cutter in case advertisements in videos have been irritating to your experience. This movie cutter is well designed to get rid of that and give you some peace of mind. It is an easy software but with ability to cut even the biggest of all video files.
Apr 07, 2018 Collecting and organizing actionable customer data is a full-time job, and one that isn’t very forgiving of mistakes. As such, investing in a high-quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool is a must for any business that wants to take customer satisfaction to the next level. CRM offers a number of advantages including improved informational organization, customer service. Mac customer relationship management software. Mac CRM software helps your team track leads and clients, schedule follow-ups, and usher customers through the sales funnel. Related Software Categories: Customer Relationship Management Software. CRM software for Mac is software designed to run natively on Mac OS that manages customer contact information as well as customer life cycles. CRM software for Mac systems should have all the functionality of CRM software for windows meaning you'll still be able to manage the customer-focused side of your business in order to maintain contact with customers and respond to any needs they.
Supported system: Windows and Mac OS X v10.6 - 10.8
- Provide several language interfaces which cross natural boundaries;
- Output video clips to multiple formats;
- Advanced editing functions are available.
- It doesn't support th newest operation system such as OS X 10.9 or OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
#8: Windows Movie Maker
This free movie trimmer has the abilities to allow users create their own videos and then edit accordingly. Windows Movie Maker is all-in-one software that you will be pleased with its performance. It allows for one to import a video file, enhance video with effects and transitions as well as provide for output editing.
Supported system: Windows 7/8
- Windows Movie Maker AutoMovie theme will automatically add titles, credits, transitions, and effects to the movie;
- Supports Multi-format output.
- It only provides Windows version, but Filmora Video Editor supports both Windows and Mac.
FFmpeg is yet another free video trimmer that you can put up for consideration to trim your video on Mac and Windows. It has key features among them an audio/video codec library that you can freely use in any type of project. It will not be a bad one to consider whenever you have video trimming needs to satisfy.
Supported system: Windows, Linux and OS X 10.5 and above
- Professional video trimming;
- Available audio/video codec library to use freely.
How To Shorten Video Size
Related Articles & Tips
Videos are such a great way to preserve memories, but some social media — looking at you, Instagram — require that videos be certain sizes and lengths before uploading. Fortunately, there are simple ways to crop your video before sharing it. Here are a few tips that will let you crop a video and change the screen size to whatever dimensions you need.
Can you crop a video on iPhone?
Yes, you can use your iPhone to crop videos, but depending on your end goal, you may need to use a few different apps to make it happen. You can edit your video in the Photos app in iOS 13, but if you're still running an earlier version, you'll need iMovie. This native iOS app allows you to zoom in on a certain aspect of your video without changing the screen size.
Here are some instructions and tips for cropping and changing the aspect ratio/screen size of your iPhone videos.
Videos take up tons of storage, so before you start saving edited copies, clean up your photo library to free up space. Gemini Photos helps you find and delete similar photos to make room for videos.Download on the App Store
How to crop a video on iPhone with iMovie
There are many reasons you might want to crop your videos. Perhaps you want to zoom in on a particular aspect of the video, or you want to get rid of your thumb in the corner of the screen.
To crop a video on your iPhone, you’ll need iMovie, which is preinstalled on most iPhones. If for some reason your phone does not have iMovie, you can download it for free from the App Store.
How To Shorten Video Length
Mac App To Shorten Video Online
Using this method will not change the size or aspect ratio of your video. It will simply zoom in on your video and perhaps crop unnecessary objects out of the frame.
Follow these instructions to use the crop/zoom feature in iMovie:
- Open the iMovie app on your iPhone.
- Go to Projects.
- Tap on the large plus sign.
- Select Movie.
- Navigate to and select the video that you want to crop, and then tap Create Movie at the bottom of the screen.
- Your screen will be divided into three sections. Tap on the timeline section in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on the small magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will now be able to use your thumb and forefinger to zoom in or out on your video.
- To preview the video, press the play button.
- When you’re happy with the results, tap Done in the top left corner.
- Tap the square with an arrow icon to save your video to your Camera Roll.
How to crop a video for Instagram using Video Crop
If you’re shooting videos to share on Instagram, you’ll have to follow the platform’s size and aspect ratio guidelines. Currently, Instagram has set the following aspect ratio guidelines for uploading videos.
Videos added to your Instagram feed should be no longer than 60 seconds and can be square, portrait, or landscape. If you do choose portrait or landscape layout for your Instagram Feed, remember that your video will look cropped on your profile grid, but will play normally. The best aspect ratios for your Instagram Feed are:
How To Shorten A Video In Windows
- Square – 1:1
- Landscape – 1.91:1
- Vertical/Portrait – 4:5
Instagram Stories and IGTV
Instagram Story videos are limited to 15 seconds, but longer videos can be uploaded in segments. IGTV videos can be longer, up to 10 minutes (60 minutes for some accounts). The current aspect ratio suggestions for Instagram Story videos and IGTV is 9:16.
If you want to quickly change your video’s aspect ratio to fit Instagram’s recommendations, you can use the Video Crop app, which also provides a suite of editing tools. Video Crop is free to download, with in-app purchases.
Here’s how to crop a video for Instagram using Video Crop:
- Open the app.
- Tap on the video you want to edit.
- Tap Crop on the bottom menu bar.
- Scroll through the aspect ratios at the bottom and choose the size you want.
- You will now be able to watch your video through the cropped frame, so that you can move the frame if you need to.
- Once you’re happy with the results, tap Done.
- Tap the square with an arrow icon in the top left and tap Save.
- Your edited video will be saved to your Camera Roll.
Free Video Apps For Mac
Cropping your video will also come in handy if you've recorded your iPhone's screen and want to crop out irrelevant parts to zoom in on the important stuff.
Ready to kick your iPhone videos up a notch? With some basic know-how and a few free editing apps, you can create stunning videos of any size and length to share with your followers on social media.