What You Need To Know Before We Begin. The Home Button is the circular button below your iPhone’s display.; The Sleep / Wake Button is Apple’s name for the power button. You’ll need a timer to count to 8 seconds (or you can do it in your head).; If you can, back up your iPhone to iCloud, iTunes, or Finder before put your iPhone in DFU mode.; NEW: Macs running macOS Catalina 10.15.
About the App
- App name: dfu-util
- App description: USB programmer
- App website: http://dfu-util.sourceforge.net/
Install the App
Command+Spaceand type Terminal and press enter/return key.
- Run in Terminal app:
ruby -e '$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)' < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
and press enter/return key.
If the screen prompts you to enter a password, please enter your Mac's user password to continue. When you type the password, it won't be displayed on screen, but the system would accept it. So just type your password and press ENTER/RETURN key. Then wait for the command to finish.
brew install dfu-util
Done! You can now use
Similar Software for Mac
Sometimes, your iPhone or iPad isn't functioning correctly, and it enters in DFU mode, or Device Firmware Update mode. When this happens, you won't be able to use the device. Free screen grab software mac. It's screen will be black, and it won't be obvious whether it's working or not.
In this article, I'll explain how you can use iMazing to confirm that your iPhone or iPad is in DFU mode, how exit DFU mode, and how you can use iMazing to reinstall iOS on your device, if necessary.
Here's how to get your iPhone or iPad out of DFU mode:Vsdc free video editor manual.
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
- Launch the app, and connect your device to your Mac or PC.
- Confirm that the device is in DFU mode.
- Exit DFU mode:
- For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, quick-press the Volume Up button, then quick-press the Volume Down button, then hold down the Side button until the device reboots.
- For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the Side button and Volume Down button until the device reboots.
- For iPad, iPhone 6s and below, iPhone SE and iPod touch, hold the Home button and the Lock button until the device reboots.
- For Apple TV, hold down the 'Menu' and 'Down' buttons on your remote until the Apple TV reboots.
- After about ten seconds, the Apple logo should appear. If you don't see the Apple logo after few seconds, you may need to reinstall iOS: see this article.