Apr 09, 2019 Tiny Take is another free screen capturing and video recording tool for Mac OS X, where the user can capture the screen images and videos, annotate your captured or any image and video from your local drive, record videos and webcam captures, save and share the captures, can directly upload the video captures to YouTube, and many more things.
- 1. Mac Files Tips
- 2. Mac Software
- 3. Mac Storage Tips
- 4. Mac Troubleshooting
- 5. Mac OS
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-01-10 / Update for OS XBest day planner app windows.
If you are a gamer or a YouTuber doing instructional videos or simply a developer, at some point you must have thought about recording your Mac screen. And if you ever wanted to record something from your screen or a particular video or a part of a video from your Mac, then the only option for you is to use a Screen Recording App, specifically designed to record video on Mac! Although MacOS already comes with a great screen recording app called Quick Time, there are other options available, and they are mentioned below. And the best part is these are completely free and available on the Apple store!
Quick Time is also an excellent recording software for Mac. It is also free of cost and comes with the MacOS, as it is developed by Apple. The primary features of the app are more or less the same as others but other than that, it uses onscreen controls just like DVD Players. The app uses the modern streaming feature which lets you access any content on the Internet and can easily cope up with panoramic image, digital video as well as picture sound etc.
- The app interface is very simple.
- Apple certified
- Limited editing options and functionalities while recording.
- Provides access to Internet contents.
Other than being the best screen recorder for Mac, Open Broadcaster Software is an open-source recorder that comes free of cost. This app can also record live videos and do live streaming which is extremely helpful nowadays. Comes with device capturing options, encoding, screen composition and a whole of other things! OBS is equipped with various editing and enhancing tools to make your job easier.
- The output file will be in MP 4 format.
- Very powerful in terms of recording, adjustments, and parameters.
- It uses H264 and AAC encoding.
- Offers unlimited scenes as well as sources
- Packed with features.
3. Filmora Scrn
One of the potent screen capture software Mac is the Filmora Scrn. You can record your screen activities as well as games with this software. With this software, you can record your Gameplay videos very easily. Filmora Scrn was designed with the goal to make the recording and editing process very easy.
- Offers great compatibility with Mac OS
- The inbuilt video editing tool helps a lot.
- Records video at 120 frames per second.
- Can record webcam and screen
4. Apowersoft Screen Recorder
If you are looking for a Mac screen recorder with audio then you have to look no further, Apowersoft Screen Recorder is one of the finest screen recorders on the market. You can even pause and resume the recording session with this app. This app is mainly focused on flexibility. You can also use external microphones with this app.
Free Screen Recording Software For Windows 10
- Snappy interface and overall experience.
- The recording process is very simple; you can do it with just a few clicks.
- The flexible controls let you do whatever you want.
- You can also set a timer for automatic recording.
- Records up to 3 minutes of video along with a watermark.
Monosnap is also a free screen video recorder. It is basically a free screenshot program designed for Mac users. It is like a Menu bar and that makes it very usable and quick. It will even let you transfer your screenshots to your Cloud. Basically, it is an excellent screenshot app that will let you take screenshots with ease.
- It will import your screenshots to the Cloud with just 1 click.
- Both webcam and mic-audio supported
- You can share it across platforms thanks to Cloud compatibility.
- Can record in 60 FPS
- A versatile app which can either capture the full screen or a part of the screen.
Another free screen recorder is VLC. It is also a famous interactive media player. VLC uses very different streaming protocols compared to other recording apps. Although it is an efficient recording software, most people neglect that feature and only use it as a media player. Comes with various options to tweak your recorded videos like changing audio input, adjusting frame rates, and includes the use of a mouse for a better overall experience.
- It is able to stream videos all over the internet.
- The playback is remotely controllable.
- Offers a max 30 FPS.
- Very quick and snappy.
- Very famous and potent as a media player.
7. Screen Recorder Robot Lite
Screen Recorder Robot Lite is a typical screen recording app available in the Apple store. The capable programming of the app makes it very attractive. You can choose any part of the screen for recording. It can record a little over 3 minutes with no watermark.
- Helps to improve your work.
- Good solid interface.
- It is capable to capture part of your screen.
- You can include mouse clicks inside the recording.
Another great screen capturing software for Mac is the QuickCast. The product is developed by Reissued. It is like a Menu Bar that comes to life with 1-click. It is designed to capture high definition screenshots from the screen of your Mac. It is a very versatile app with various commercial uses. Offers up to 5 minutes of recording and comes with a 3 minutes recording option as well.
- Provides quick screencasts.
- Can capture full screen as well as custom part of the screen
- Simple to use and makes your job easier.
- Webcam capture also available.
9. Recordit: Instant Screencasts
Recordit comes with all the tools needed for recording and editing of a proper Mac screen video. The app also has great features, and it can record screen Mac with sound among other things. You can use it to make live Gifs easily. Offers 5 minutes of recording and you can also create GIFs from recorded videos. Everything is instant with this app as the name suggests.
- Recorded videos and Gifs can be shared across various platforms.
- Easy to use.
- The interface is very simple.
Jing is a completely free Mac screen capture utility app developed by TechSmith. It is a bit different when compared to other screen-capture apps. Comes with 5-minutes recording capability along with the support of a microphone. So, you can record screen Mac with sound easily.
- Easy to use and comes with an intuitive interface.
- Good for narration.
- Recorded videos can be saved in SWF format or stored in screencast
Every top screen recording app on the market is discussed in the article above and all of them are completely free of cost. These apps were developed with a certain efficiency which lets the users take screenshots and record videos with ease. So, if you want to record videos on Mac, these are your best options. Each and every one has their own advantages and unique features, so choose the ones that suit your requirements the best. Also if you have accidentally deleted any recorded video, you can still recover it with the help of Tenorshare Any Data Recovery for Mac. It is specifically built to recover any type of data deleted/lost from your Mac hard disk easily. It can also recover files from a formatted hard disk. Not only videos, it can also recover pictures, documents, audio and a lot of other things. It is a highly recommended tool for Mac users.
- Recover data deleted, formatted or lost on Mac;
- Restore files from hard drive and external storage devices;
- Recover data from failed/crashed/dead MacBook;
- Fully supported latest macOS 10.15 Catalina;
Screen recording has become one of the best methods to create a footage of your desktop activity with ease. There might be several occasions when you want to capture your gameplay, record streaming videos, or either make some video tutorials or software reviews on your Mac. In case these circumstances arise, a good screen recorder is necessary. Actually, there are lots of screen recording software that are available online. However, most of these tools only offer paid version or have a poor recording quality. In this article, we will introduce the best free screen recorder for Mac.
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is a free but in the meantime very comprehensive program that you can use to create high-quality videos. With the help of this tool, you will have an easy access to the experience of using a brilliant screen activity recorder that doesn’t leave any watermark at all on your video after a successful registration. Moreover, this program can capture your desktop activity together with the audio coming from your system and microphone. Overall, there is surely no doubt that Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the best free screen recorders for Mac available on the market. To utilize this program, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder.
- On the main page of the site you can click the “Start Recording” button to launch the screen recorder.
- Once you launched it, you can set to record screen or webcam, custom recording area, and change audio input, etc. You can also go to settings and make some configurations.
- Once done settings, hit the red recording button to start recording. During the recording process, you can add a webcam to your screen, and you can even add some annotations to it.
- After you have finalized the recording, click the stop button to stop it. At this point, a preview window will pop up. On the preview window, you can save the video by clicking the “Save video” button, or even share the video with your friends by clicking the share button.
Monosnap is another mentionable flexible program specifically developed for Mac OS. You can use this program not only to record your screen but also to take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. In addition, this tool can be used as a storage software. This program can also offer the option of capturing your webcam, microphone or system sound as you can just set it before you start recording according to your need. Aside from that, the mentioned program can record in 60 fps. This means that you can record smoothly even you are playing high framerate games. If you want to use this free video recording software for Mac, you may follow the steps below.
- Download and install Monosnap.
- After successfully finalizing the installation, click the Monosnap’s drop down menu, then choose “Record Video” to start recording.
- In case you want to stop this program from recording, just click its drop down menu again then click “Finish recording” to end it. Afterwards, your recording will be saved automatically, and you can check it right away at the location of your choice of saving.
The next free screen recording tool for Mac that you can rely on according to our list is OBS Studio. This is a free and open source screen recorder that is available on both Windows, Mac, and Linux. The suggested program will allow you to capture real-time activities and create excellent live streaming videos. Moreover, this program has the ability to incorporate footage from your previous recordings or add exiting videos. On the other side, this program is to some degree complicated, in the sense that you can take certain time familiarizing its interface and configurations. Here are the steps on how to use this program.
- First of all you need to have OBS Studio installed in your computer.
- Once you have it, launch OBS, then click “Scene” > “Source” > “Add Icon”, and then click “Windows Capture”.
- After the previous step is done, a pop up window will show and allow you to rename your video you are going to record. Once done, click the “OK” button to proceed.
- Next, select the window you want to record.
- Lastly, you only need to hit the “Start Recording” button to initiate recording. Once done recording, just click the top button to end it.
Another free screen recording software for Mac is Jing by Techsmith that has been very popular on the market for a long time. This program is very simple and easy to use that are the pillars of its popularity. It comes with a movable sun icon that can be placed anywhere on your display, which enables you to easily utilize its function. Aside from screen recording, you can use this tool to take screenshots and edit it right after capturing. However, this program can only record up to 5 minutes. If you are still interested to use this program despite its time limitation, you can follow these steps.
- First and foremost, download and install this program on your pc from the official Techsmith website.
- Hit the “Sun” icon and select “Capture”.
- Once you are inside the options panel, simply adjust the frame according to your preference then select “Capture video”.
- To stop the recording, simply hit the “Stop” button, and then the recorded file will automatically pop up for preview.
The last recording program for Mac is the Quicktime Player. This is an extensible multimedia framework that can be used not only to record videos but also to play, edit and share videos on Mac. This tool can be characterized with that it has a very intuitive interface which makes it very easy to use even for beginners. This program can create footage of your Mac screen with a web camera or iPhone screen. You can follow the instructions below to capture your screen using this best free screen recorder for Mac.
- To begin with, you have to launch Quicktime Player at the first hand.
- Once you see the interface, click “File” and select “New Screen Recording”, then a screen recording window will pop up. On this window, you can configure your recording settings. After configuring, hit the red round recording button to start recording your screen.
- Once done with the complete recording process, click the “Stop” button in the menu bar, then your recorded file will automatically pop up.
As you can see, the aforementioned programs are the currently best free Mac screen recording software you can find on the market. You can decide which program you will use for your recording. I highly recommend Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. Compared to the other programs above, this program can be used to quickly record your screen, audio, as well as a webcam as it is a web-based application. Aside from that, it has an easy interface and even beginners can use it.